Las Vegas Bay Macgregor Association

The Goal is the
       Voyage,

NOT the Destination

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Havasu 2013

Newell Wilson

I held back some but now registered.  Brother Neldon crewing with me and perhaps both of our wives later in the week.  Blame the N. Utah weather for waiting to register.  Still will be iffy if a bad storm hits in early Feb.  Can't say I'm thrilled about liability insurance, the waiver and fees.

Kimo has lauded what the crew and I have done on Windancer at Havasu.  Thanks Kimo, you may have ended up a little black and blue but did a great job for the team.  Still waiting for my free sail, but went ahead and bought one meanwhile.  Look for Sail #1409 if you attend, it should be flying high.

Newell & Windancer

December 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain Kimo
Site Owner

Glad Neldon was able to crew for you for the last HPCC MacGregor Race.  I was pooped out after the first two races.  Still have the great "sea stories" to tell with just a little, while maybe a LOT of Irish Blarney (poetic license of a sailor) about the significant events in the races.  Did you ever find and fix the leak in the water ballast tank:D.

Dakman cannot make it, but plans on Mead Madness in April and perhaps others from his Sailing Club.

Steve the K cannot make it dispite my urging.  Was surprised as he told me at the Fall Flotilla, he had a friend in Havasu going to put them up for the week.

Still working on the trailer.  Finally replaced the damaged trailer spare tire carrier.  Hope the tire is high enough to clear when launching.  Also need to check wiring and possible reroute chartplotter wiring.  Currently not providing power to the steering pedestle chartplotter mount.

Plan to arrive on Feb. 8 in time for BBQ Dave's affair at Steamboat Cove on Feb 9. Staying at London Bridge Resort Hotel and one of their slips.

--

Captain Kimo, 96' MacGregor 26X FOREVER

Callville Bay Marina, Boulder Basin, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Las Vegas NV

January 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain Kimo
Site Owner

Newell Wilson at December 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I held back some but now registered.  Brother Neldon crewing with me and perhaps both of our wives later in the week.  Blame the N. Utah weather for waiting to register.  Still will be iffy if a bad storm hits in early Feb.  Can't say I'm thrilled about liability insurance, the waiver and fees.

Kimo has lauded what the crew and I have done on Windancer at Havasu.  Thanks Kimo, you may have ended up a little black and blue but did a great job for the team.  Still waiting for my free sail, but went ahead and bought one meanwhile.  Look for Sail #1409 if you attend, it should be flying high.

Newell & Windancer

In the final stages for preping FOREVER for HPCC 2013.  The new trailer spare tire carrier installed and tire covered.  Still working on correcting wireing to all the DC outlets and the steering pedestal for the Garmin Chart Plotter. Will need it to locate Steamboat Cove for BBQ Dave get together on 9 Feb.  Yes, still have plan B and my Magellan handheld GPS.  Hope to contact a regular HPCC attendee in the Lake Mead Sailing Club and convoy down with him to Havasu on 8 Feb.  Just to ward off Murphy's Law during the long towing.:P.  Have also another member of the Lake Mead Sailing Club wanting to crew for the MacGregor Race on Friday.  Don't expect to place, but hope to worry some of the amatuer sailors in the race.;)

Hope the weather holds for Newell to make it down to HPCC as the reigning 2 time HPCC MacGregor champion.

--

Captain Kimo, 96' MacGregor 26X FOREVER

Callville Bay Marina, Boulder Basin, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Las Vegas NV

January 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.